Bloke breaks bones in leg trying to help fiancée with house work for first time

A hapless fiancé broke two bones in his leg after tripping over the hoover and falling the down the stairs when his partner asked him to help "for the first time" with the housework.

Bethan Lewis Watling, 24, found her partner, Nathan Marsh, 26, at the bottom of the stairs after he took a tumble while "reluctantly" vacuuming upstairs in August 2021.

The college student didn’t believe he was really injured and thought he was trying to "get out of the cleaning" when she heard his calls for help, but it transpired that Nathan had broken two bones in his leg – the tibia and fibula.

Bethan quickly realised Nathan was in a lot of pain and unable to walk on his right leg – so she called for an ambulance.

To add to the hilarity, the paramedics couldn’t maneuverer Nathan out of the house in a wheelchair and had no choice but to call the fire brigade.

They nearly took the couple's window off to get him out, but managed to carry Nathan out of the front door strapped to a board.

When they finally arrived at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Wales, an x-ray revealed the extent of the damage.

He spent four weeks on full bed rest and a total of six weeks in a cast before having it removed and Bethan's video of the accident on TikTok racked up a staggered 1.3 million views.

Nathan is finally back on his feet and Bethan has got him cleaning again.

Bethan, from Rhondda, Wales, said: “At first I didn’t believe him – I thought he was pulling a fast one.

“Looking back, it’s quite hilarious really. I even warned him about being careful around the vacuum cord in case he tripped.

“He’s completely recovered now and doing fine. It hasn’t got him out of doing the housework though."

Bethan and Nathan have lived together for the last two years.

According to Bethan, who studies barbering at Bridgend College, Wales, Nathan has never been a fan of housework and tries to avoid doing chores.

On this occasion, Bethan convinced him to help with the hoovering for the "first time".

He started at the top of the stairs but didn’t get very far when he tripped and fell.

She said: "I heard a massive crash and thought he’d fallen through the ceiling.

“When I found him in a pile at the bottom of the stairs he was tangled in the hoover cord and couldn't walk."

For the latest breaking news and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

She helped him to the sofa – unconvinced he was really injured but quickly realised he was in a lot of pain and unable to walk on his right leg.

She called an ambulance and two arrived – including a rapid response team.

Bethan continues: "At first, I thought he was just trying to get out of more cleaning."

The paramedics wanted to take Nathan into WHICH Hospital, but couldn't maneuverer the wheelchair around the narrow corridor.

They had no choice but to call the fire brigade to try and help get him out of the house.

Clumsy Nathan was sent for an x-ray which revealed he had a broke two bones in his lower right leg – the tibia and fibula.

He was ordered on bed rest for four weeks and was in a leg cast for a total of six weeks.

Nathan, who is now fully recovered and back on his feet after the accident, said: "It was very painful at the time.

"The bed rest was amazing and it's nice being back on the feet. Bethan had a list ready for me when I had to the all-clear!"

Source: Read Full Article