A Londoner got the shock of his life when he found a huge snake in his garden.
Jason Lemin had just popped outside for a smoke when he noticed the giant serpent slithering around outside his shed.
To add to the horror, the 38-year-old's toddler was also in the garden during the ordeal yesterday, Monday.
The mental health worker, from Sutton in London, rushed to his 15-month-old son Freddie's defence, quickly taking him indoors before deciding what to do next.
”I've got a garden with a trampoline and grass around it, and I was about to put him on the trampoline so I can have a cigarette," he told MyLondon.
“I looked towards the shed and I thought there was a bit of rubbish the kids left, so I looked a bit closer and realised it was a snake, just sunbathing along the side of it [the shed].
“It was the first time I’ve seen a strolling snake.”
He added: “I quickly dragged Freddie back into the house, called my 16-year-old, Matthew, down, went back outside and was just like ‘what do I do’.
Three-month-old baby mauled to death by dog as she lay in cot in 'nightmare' attack
“I googled the RSPCA, but there was over an hour wait, and then I quickly took a picture of the snake and shoved it on Facebook asking if anyone around here’s lost a snake."
The reptile turned out to be a corn snake, which can grow up to 6ft long. Native to North America, the exotic pets are carnivorous, but are not venomous and are harmless to humans.
“We’ve had a few people try to get it earlier today, and we got through to next-door’s friend, and we had to pull the shed out to get the snake," Jason said.
Brit, 28, savaged by crocodile as twin sister punches beast to escape its jaws
“He’s very well known – and he thinks he knows the people who’ve lost it.”
Having grown up Down Under, Jason added that he managed to remain calm because he was surrounded by them as a kid..
“I was shocked it was in my back garden, and I didn't want the cats winding it up or stressing it out, but I was was also worried for its well being," he said.
“I didn't jump out of my skin, I lived in Australia as a kid so I'm not scared of seeing the snakes, but I was worried about Freddie and the snake’s well-being.”
Source: Read Full Article