Dad beat four-month-old baby girl to death because she wouldn’t stop crying

A dad beat his baby girl to death while her mum was at work because she wouldn't stop crying.

Jordan Lee, 29, was looking after baby Willow at home while her mum Jade Bell was at work on December 3 when he became increasingly frustrated at her crying and was heard shouting at her to "shut up".

Neighbours heard a baby crying and a series of bangs before the house fell silent, a court heard.

In a police interview, Lee claimed Willow suffered her injuries after falling from the sofa while he played Call of Duty on Xbox but it was later revealed by a Home Office pathologist that the baby’s death was a direct consequence of a traumatic head injury.

Police said the infant also suffered bruising to her ear, face and arm as Lee carried out a "horrendous series of assaults" on his daughter.

The pathologist found this was likely to have been the result of gripping, pinching or squeezing, punching or slapping and would have caused "immense pain and suffering".

Afterwards, Lee ran upstairs with the baby in his arms and showed her to his brother, who said she looked "unresponsive and floppy".

Willow was taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool where she died three days later with her mum and grandparents around her.

Her heartbroken mum said in a statement: "Willow was such a beautiful, happy baby that had the best cheeky smile, and that smile would always cheer you up and light up the room.

  • Man's botched castration job on victim leaves him bleeding uncontrollably from groin

"We all miss her dearly and there are not enough words to express that.

"To have lost her at such a young age and in the way we have has impacted me and my family so much and my life will never be the same without my blue-eyed angel.

"The first time anyone met her they instantly fell in love, she was always so happy and smiley."

Lee was given a minimum of 16 years in prison on Friday at Preston Crown Court.

Detective inspector Mark Dickinson said: "Lee carried out a horrendous series of assaults on his daughter, leaving her with catastrophic head injuries. These injuries led to her death three days later.

"Since then Lee has refused to admit his guilt, claiming repeatedly that Willow fell from the sofa.

"As the medical evidence emerged, he modified his account, claiming that another accident occurred as he carried Willow upstairs after the original fall.

"Thankfully the jury saw through his lies and he has now been found guilty of and sentenced for Willow’s murder.

"Willow’s mother and wider family have been left utterly heartbroken by her death and I have no doubt they will never fully recover from this horrendous loss."

To keep up to date with all the latest news stories, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article