Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
The dad of a teenage boy who was stabbed to death has blamed the late 15-year-old’s grieving mum for the murder in a campaign of harassment where he shared intimate photos and sent her a picture of their son in a coffin.
Ian Nice, 45, subjected his ex-partner Laura Tansey to the abuse during a "nuclear fallout" after their son Reece Tansey was killed by James White in May 2021.
Tragic Reece was stabbed six times by the 16-year-old, who was sentenced to 15 years in jail for murder alongside Mark Nuttall, also 16, who was present during the crime and received six years for manslaughter.
Prosecutor Richard Blackburn said at Bolton Magistrates’ Court that Nice blamed Tansey for their son's death and targeted her three times during one week in January 2022 – two months after their son's killers had been convicted.
As well as changing his profile picture to an imtimate image of his ex-partner on WhatsApp and texting her a picture of their late teenager in a coffin, Nice caused damage to her car, reports Manchester Evening News.
When he saw her having breakfast with a friend in Bolton town centre, Nice reportedly shouted: “She was the one who killed our son Reece.”
Prosecutor Blackburn said in court: "These offences have been committed against a tragic background that their son, Reece, was murdered in 2021 and the defendant for some time has laid blame for that on the complainant, his former partner.
"He said he was very sorry for any damage he had caused and he would pay for the damage. He said it was an act of stupidity.”
Stay in the loop with all the latest Daily Star news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.
The traffic management operative, from Holcombe Crescent in Bolton, pleaded guilty to using abusive words with intent to cause harassment.
He also admitted causing £2,000 worth of criminal damage and disclosing a private sexual photograph.
Nice told magistrates he was sorry and added: "I just want to say my apologies. It's been hard."
He is due to be sentenced on Wednesday, July 20, at Bolton Crown Court.
Source: Read Full Article