Donald Trump brands WHO’s handling of coronavirus pandemic ‘disastrous’ in brutal attack

The President justified his decision to cut funding to the United Nation’s agency while claiming the United States had been “foolishly” giving the WHO money. He also said the WHO had “missed every single call”.

President Trump made the scathing remarks during a virtual town hall meeting at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC on Sunday evening.

The 73-year-old told Fox News: “The World Health Organisation has been a disaster. Everything they said was wrong and they’re China-centric.

“All they do is agree with China, whatever China wants to do. So our country, perhaps foolishly in retrospect has been paying $450million a year to the World Health Organisation and China’s been paying $38million a year but they were more political than all of our leaders previously.

“What they did, what World Health did, was they missed every single call and we’re not going to put up with it.”

The relationship between Washington and the WHO has been tainted throughout the pandemic with Trump continually accusing them of siding with China.

He has also claimed the WHO has been covering up the outbreak with the Chinese President, Xi Jinping.

Trump went onto blame China for the global pandemic and accused them of a state cover-up after making a “horrible mistake”.

He added: “Well, I don’t think there’s any question about it. We wanted to go in, they didn’t want us to go in.

READ MORE: WHO hits back at Trump after US President’s China attack

“Things are coming out that are pretty compelling. I don’t think there’s any question.

“Personally, I think they made a horrible mistake, and they didn’t want to admit it.”

Trump condemned the Communist nation for not alerting global leaders on the severity of the virus and said China failed to admit their mistakes.

He continued: “We wanted to go in, but they didn’t want us there.

DON’T MISS:
Real reason WHO waited 72 days to declare pandemic revealed [REVEAL] 
Trump coronavirus: Trump claims vaccine could be ready by December [INSIGHT] 
Donald Trump’s bid to win second term could be damaged by coronavirus [OPINION]

“Even World Health wanted to go in – they were admitted but much later, not immediately.

“They made a mistake, they tried to cover it, like a fire…They couldn’t put out the fire.

“What they really treated the world badly on, they stopped people from going into China but they didn’t stop people from going into the USA and all the rest of the world.

“They knew they had a problem, I think they were embarrassed by the problem.”

He also warned that as many as 100,000 people could die of COVID-19 in the US but expressed hope that a vaccine will be ready by the end of the year despite experts saying it could take 12 to 18 months.

“I think we’re going to have a vaccine by the end of the year,” he added.

“The doctors would say, well you shouldn’t say that.

“I’ll say what I think… I think we’ll a vaccine sooner rather than later.”

Trump’s scathing remarks come after a report from the Department of Homeland Security revealed US officials believe China “intentionally concealed the severity” of the pandemic back in January.

Source: Read Full Article