Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have “stepped back” from their roles as frontline royals, but they still get to stay in the “Royal Suite”.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been staying at the five-star Hilton Hotel in the centre of the Hague for the duration of the Invictus Games.
And not just in any room, but in the hotel’s exclusive £2,000 a night Royal Suite.
The hotel's 1,506sqft VIP suite offers a king size bed and two state-of-the art “rain forest” showers.
The suite’s stone-coloured bathrooms are fitted with water-saving Ecosmart technology, in keeping with Harry and Meghan’s green agenda.
In addition to the two bathrooms there’s also an extra loo attached to the suite’s integral meeting room so visitors don’t use up the VIP couple’s loo roll.
The five star hotel, built on the site of the Dutch city’s main post office, is almost fully booked at the moment, due at least in part to the Sussexes substantial entourage and security detail for the Invictus Games.
Prince Harry 'ready to swear allegiance' to USA as fans swoon over new Super Bowl pics
The Royal suite is geared towards business as well as luxury, with high speed internet access, multiple phone jacks, and an extra rollaway bed for a secretary or PA.
There are telephones everywhere – even one next to the bath.
The suite, located on the top floor of the hotel, offers commanding views of The Hague from its private terrace and little extra touches include fluffy bathrobes and slippers, a Nespresso machine and an iPhone docking station.
Camilla 'was miffed' Meghan Markle received royal patronage from Queen, source claims
Despite their substantial entourage, the Duke and Duchess were keeping a low profile. According to the Daily Mail, other guests booked into the hotel had no idea that Harry and Meghan were staying in the penthouse suite.
A private lift connects the Royal Suite to the hotel’s underground car park, so it’s possible to slip in and out of the building undetected.
One member of staff said: “We know they have been staying here but it is all confidential and we have been told not to talk to anyone about them.”
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .
Former US presidential bodyguard Christopher Sanchez, is understood to have been travelling with the couple to provide close protection while security guards from the Dutch-based First Line Security company provided backup services.
The rooms were booked for April 18 and April 19, however Harry has now moved on to Amsterdam, while Meghan has boarded a flight back to the US in order to be with her three-year-old son Archie and ten-month old daughter Lilibet.
But the pair may soon be back in Europe after the Duke and Duchess have reportedly been invited to make an appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony to witness the RAF flypast during Her Majesty's Jubilee celebrations
Source: Read Full Article