Senior royals have been branded the 'Magnificent Seven' after agreeing to reduce the Queen's load of engagements.
Prince William and Kate Middleton are among those who have vowed to take on several of the monarch's duties “for as long as is needed”.
According to sources, courtiers expect senior royals to lighten the Queen's diary until spring, following her absence on Remembrance Sunday as she recovers from a back strain.
Attending the Cenotaph was penned in as being Her Majesty's first public appearance after two weeks of rest but it was announced shortly before the ceremony that it would not be possible.
Courtiers are now understood to now be taking a “cautious approach” with the sovereign’s diary moving forward, with no public engagements expected for the rest of the year.
Insiders with knowledge of the conversations said there should be a “realistic expectation” that the Queen’s diary will be dramatically reduced throughout the winter months.
Any rearranging could open up the possibility of asking any one of the seven senior royals to step in and take on extra roles or engagements, the Mirror reports.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle too 'busy' for Christmas with the Queen, expert claims
Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Anne and Prince Edward and his wife Sophie are all understood to be aligned on helping out “for as long as is needed”.
Courtiers have said this “joined up approach” will take on “extra significance” in the Queen’s absence leading up to her Platinum Jubilee next year.
Somewhat tongue in cheek, palace officials have dubbed them the “Magnificent Seven” when referring to the group.
Man strips naked and masturbates in airport as he screams ‘it’s a free country’
Palace officials have insisted the Queen has “no intention of stepping back” from royal duties but realises she will undertake less duties in the future.
The Queen has been on doctors’ orders to rest for nearly a month after being admitted to hospital for preliminary investigations – her first overnight stay in a medical facility in eight years – on October 20.
One royal source said: “The Queen remains as sharp as a pin, but the reality is she needs to take a period of rest following an extremely busy start to normal duties after the coronavirus restrictions were lifted.
For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
“The senior members of the family are all aligned in that they will be available to help out wherever they can and for as long as is needed.”
Earlier this year after the furore over Prince Harry and his wife Meghan’s split from The Firm the Queen vowed a “new beginning” for the royals after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose mega-money deals over duty.
At the time Her Majesty, 95, gave the go-ahead for the seven senior royals to take up public engagements as soon as possible.
The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cambridge and Princess Royal have in recent times taken on investitures on behalf of the Queen, handing out gongs at Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle.
Source: Read Full Article