Labrador high off magic mushrooms hasnt a care in the world in car backseat

A Labrador scared her owner after eating wild magic mushrooms and acting the "most relaxed" she has ever been.

After getting a vet's all clear, owner Shannon eventually found the funny side and shared a TikTok video of Miley which has racked up 11 million views.

It shows her white-haired pal resting her chin on a lowered car window hilariously to the sound of Afroman’s “Because I Got High”.

As she takes in the breeze, Miley appears to be deep in her dreams while Shannon plays the appropriate music in the background.

Posting on TikTok, she said: “My dog just ate a wild mushroom and we just spent $140 (£101) for the vet to tell us she’s high."

She then went on to joke in the comments about how Miley was the "most relaxed" she's ever been.

Shannon told Newsweek she first realised something was wrong when she and Miley woke up one morning while at her parents' cottage in New Hampshire, US.

“In the morning she peed the bed which she hasn’t done in eight years,” explained Shannon.

“We also noticed her back legs weren’t working properly and she was walking weird, she was extremely lethargic, she refused food and treats and wouldn’t get up to do anything, even a boat ride, which is her favourite.”

  • Girl, 9, had sex with boys and stayed with suspected paedo as dad 'turned blind eye'

The worried dog owner immediately rushed to the vet, who told her Miley's symptoms seemed consistent with the effects of eating wild mushrooms which Shannon thinks may have grow in the countryside this year following heavy rain.

Doctors, however, checked the pooch and her vitals were, luckily, stable.

Shannon was free to return home with her dog that same day, but was advised to monitor the dog for a urinary tract infection as it could indicate the toxin had affected her kidneys.

Love dogs?

Join our brand new sister website TeamDogs today!

It's a place where you can share a picture of your dog in our Top Dogs feed and share your doggy advice.

“She was extra sleepy that night and a little clingier than usual but totally back to normal by Monday morning,” a relieved Shannon said.

People on TikTok commented on the video saying it was "absolutely hilarious", while others joked the pooch was on a "spiritual journey".

Another user echoed this as they said Miley will now know "the secrets of the universe", while others expressed relief at the mushrooms not being poisonous.

One reassured the owner to not worry as they joked: "Living her best life".

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

Source: Read Full Article