The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Evil terrorist Hashem Abedi has admitted his involvement in the Manchester Arena bombing for the first time, an inquiry has been told.
The 2017 attack which targeted an Ariana Grande concert killed 22 people and injured hundreds more, many of them children.
Abedi, 23, made the admission in prison last month when he was visited by two members of the inquiry's legal team.
He was being interviewed as part of the inquiry into the atrocity more than three years ago, for which he is serving a minimum 55-year jail term after being convicted of 22 murders.
The ISIS-supporting terrorist hid in a cell and refused to face the families of his victims at the trial before being handed the biggest minimum life term ever.
Hashem is the brother of suicide bomber Salman Abedi, who blew himself up at Manchester Arena.
He had previously denied involvement in the shocking terrorist attack, claiming to be "shocked" by what his brother had done and insisting he did not hold extremist views.
Abedi did not give evidence but provided a pre-prepared statement.
The terrorist was convicted of 22 counts of murder, attempted murder plotting to cause an explosion most likely to endanger life.
Families furious after hearing tax payer to pay Manchester Area plotter's £10m jail bill
He was interviewed in prison on October 22 when he admitted he played a "full and knowing part", the inquiry was told.
Abedi's admission was confirmed by Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Barraclough, of Greater Manchester Police, who was the senior investigating officer in the probe into the attack.
The senior officer added that there was "no doubt in my mind" that the prosecution of Abedi was "entirely well founded".
No other details of the prison interview were given.
The independent inquiry is being held to determine what led to the deaths of the 22 people at the Manchester Arena.
- In the News
Source: Read Full Article