Meghan’s pregnancy announced on Valentine’s Day just like Diana did with Harry

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 's announcement they are expecting a second child contains a sweet nod to Princess Diana.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex said their first child, Archie, is set to become a "big brother" on Valentine's Day – 37 years after his mum did the same announcing she was expecting Harry.

Royal fans are already gushing over the link on Twitter.

One said: "Awwwww Harry was announced on Valentine’s Day in 1984. This is so sweet & corny that he wanted this for his 2nd child. Harry & Meghan look so happy. I’m just…."

Others added: "Harry always thoughtful of his mom.

"Omg!!!!! This keeps on getting better! love this for them!"

A spokesperson for the 36-year-old Duke and 39-year-old Duchess of Sussex said: “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

The happy news was announced on Sunday, February 14, 2021 – with the couple sharing a black and white picture of themselves looking loved-up sat under a tree.

Prince Harry rests his hand on Meghan's head as she lay in his lap cradling her bump.

The photo was taken by longtime friend of the couple, Misan Harriman.

She tweeted the image and said: "Meg, I was there at your wedding to witness this love story begin, and my friend, I am honoured to capture it grow.

"Congratulations to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on this joyous news!"

First son, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, will be two years old by the time his younger sibling arrives – as his own birthday is on May 6.

The new baby will be another great grandchild for the Queen and Prince Philip – and will also be eighth in line to the throne.

But it is unlikely the new baby will have much of a royal upbringing as Meghan and Harry quit royal duties last year.

  • Princess Eugenie's most likely baby names – with bookies offering odds on Boris

The duo made the decision to quit royal life when they decided to relocate to California last March.

They have not been able to return since because of the coronavirus pandemic.

However, they enjoy a luxury life in the California sun and inside a palatial mansion in Montecito.

  • The Queen and Prince Philip could go back to living apart after 100th birthday

Last November, Meghan told of her heartbreaking miscarriage in a bid to encourage others to do the same and raise awareness of those who are grieving.

In an opinion piece titled The Losses We Share for the New York Times, the Duchess revealed that she had lost her unborn, second child in July.

She described the experience as “an almost unbearable grief experienced by many but talked about by few”.

Meanwhile, it has been suggested that Harry and Meghan's baby number two will be the last for the couple as Harry previously stated he wanted to keep his family small for the sake of the environment.

In the September 2019 issue of British Vogue, which was guest edited by Meghan, Harry spoke to Jane Goodall about climate change and the impact of families on the world.

Ms Goodall suggested the Prince may not want to have "too many" children – with the Royal commenting he and Meghan would have "two maximum".

Source: Read Full Article