Mum chokes on horror one-inch screw found in McDonald’s toffee latte

A shocked mum has claimed that she "choked on" a one-inch long screw that she claims was floating around in her McDonald's toffee latte.

Sable Card, from Rottingdean, a village in the city of Brighton and Hove, on the south coast of England, said the screw hit her mouth while she was drinking the beverage.

Ms Card, a single mum, said she's annoyed at the restaurant's response after they offered a £20 voucher, because "people in America find a cockroach in their nuggets and get £20,000 for it".

The 27-year-old mum-of-two bought the drink from a McDonald’s drive-through in Brighton Marina on Saturday, March 2, while on a day out with her mother and children.

She said her ordeal only got worse when she was faced with an unhelpful in-store manager.

“First of all, he just wanted to take it, just give me a drink and that be it – not very apologetic. All the customers in the shop were like, ‘woah, that’s real bad’,” she told The Argus.

“If it went in my mouth the wrong way, that could’ve gone down my throat and I could have choked. If that went into a kids milkshake, that could’ve ended up a lot worse than it was."

The manager said customer care would be in touch regarding compensation.

  • New York subway shooting survivor sat next to gunman and was shot helping pregnant woman

McDonald’s responded via email with an apology and a £20 voucher for their restaurant as compensation, but Sable said she felt “insulted” at the offer.

“I think that’s just ridiculous. People in America find a cockroach in their nuggets and get £20,000 for it if they take it to court,” she said.

“Obviously, I don’t expect nowhere near that much, but I’m a customer myself, I’m always there, and I’ve never ever had any problems."

Responding to the incident, a McDonald’s spokesman said: “We are very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us, and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards in order to avoid any imperfections. Unfortunately, on this occasion, it appears we did not meet these standards."

The fast food restaurant mega chain added that as soon as Ms Card made their restaurant team aware they apologised and replaced the customer’s full order.

"We understand the customer has been liaising with our customer service team to help find a resolution," a McDonald's spokesperson added furthermore," the spokesman added.

Source: Read Full Article