A mum was left fuming after spotting "disgusting" and "evil" behaviour at a playground that could have hurt a child.
Rebekah Jamieson was at Jubilee Park in Huyton, Merseyside after school one day when her daughter was stopped in her tracks at the top of the slide, Liverpool Echo reports.
Jamieson said her daughter shouted: "What's this?" and pointed to what looked like a sticky liquid running down the slide and shattered glass at the bottom, which she said looked like they'd been placed there deliberately.
READ MORE: Neglected UK island full of ‘turdtowns’ is just a ‘sea of concrete’ with ‘scumbags’
She told the Echo: "I had sunglasses on and she was walking ahead of me but I could see streaks down the slide. It was poured on.
"As she was already on the stairs I told her to wait a minute in case it was slippery, I had no gloves or wipes with me, but as she got to the top she shouted: 'What's this?'
"I could see there was broken glass all down the bottom, if she'd have come down she'd have ripped herself to bits."
Jamieson tried to remove the glass with her shoe before taking her daughter home and contacting the council about the issue.
The furious mum then took to social media to warn other parents about the danger.
Desparate dad's hell as he chucks his kids, 4 and 7, from top floor of inferno home
She added: "I contacted the council on every possible platform and I went on night shift but I had an email from them saying it has been shared to the relevant teams and actioned immediately, it was pretty much straight away and I was happy with that.
"I wanted to protect as many as possible, it's disgusting. There's times she's gone flying down that slide without giving it a second thought.
"If it was an accident fair enough but clearly someone has poured that down and smashed a bottle on a child's slide in a children's park. That's not just naughty, it's evil."
Jamieson added that if it was children who laid the broken glass, their parents should be teaching them to be "mindful of others" and consider the consequences of their "silly five-minute behaviour" before playing similar pranks in future.
"I've worked in emergency care and I've seen what happens when wounds get infected and people are scarred for life," she added. "It's not great, and the detrimental effect that can have on someone's health.
"My daughter could easily have slid down and been cut and we'd have been in hospital and had stitches. But in 10 years' time and she's got to wear a swimming costume and her legs are ripped to bits, would it affect her confidence? They don't think, they act."
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Ex-cheerleading coach exposed himself to students on Facetime 'and molested them'
Thug decked karaoke singer thinking he was 'taking the mick' before putting down pint
Cigarettes discarded at mall lead to conviction in 32-year-old cold rape and murder case
Source: Read Full Article
Boulder pushes back against ACLU camping ban lawsuit
Aurora police searching for Maha Li Hobbs find bag of charred remains
Dont bring kids into this world now: AI expert issues chilling warning
Goat pushes tourist 20 metres off Spanish cliff and leaves her on perilous ledge
Denver weather: Thunderstorms, rain raise risk of flooding, mudslides