A mum was left appalled after discovering her new housing association home was left in horrid state with a "massive haemorrhage" left in the toilet.
Janet Thomas, 55, was looking forward to move into her new two-bedroom apartment but her happiness soon turned to hopelessness when she and her mum found the house to be in need of swift repairs.
The Mount Pleasant property in Crewe was fumigated when Janet came across how dire the situation in the toilet was.
READ MORE: Furious residents 'left to rot' in mould-infested block where mice fall from ceiling
Janet said: "My mum went upstairs to clean the bathroom. She shouted me up and there was what I can only describe as a massive haemorrhage in the toilet. It must have been there for a while."
"We flushed the chain, we put a bottle of bleach down it and left it until the next morning. We came back and checked it – what was left was a big rusty stain at the bottom of the toilet."
Alongside the toilet situation, further problems included the kitchen being "absolutely covered in nicotine" due to the previous tenant having a smoking habit, as well as 'blood splatters' and dirt being found on the skirting boards.
The kitchen had not been updated since the houses were built in the late 90s, according to Janet, which she said had led to the drawers "falling apart".
Bloke fumes as scaffolders paid to fix house 'jump in his hot tub and crack open beers'
Despite making countless complaints to Your Housing Group, Janet doesn't believe enough work has been done to rectify her situation and has claimed that housing associations believe they are 'above the law'.
"I am fed up to the back teeth with it. I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall with all the b*** they're coming back with," she said.
"Honestly, my hair has gone greyer than it has ever been. It's the way they treat you – they think all the time that you're making things up and you're forever having to chase them.
Sainsbury's bakery infested with rats that 'climbed in from ceiling,' report reveals
"They've got to be highlighted, all these housing associations, because they're just getting worse. They think they're above the law and they hope the people will go away if they make it as awkward as possible to get everything done."
Responding to Janet's concerns, Conan McKinley, director of asset and building safety at Your Housing Group, said: “Ensuring our residents have a safe and quality home to live in is our top priority".
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Disabled pensioner hijacks digger for four hours in protest against tree-cutting council
Mum splashes £250k on massive derelict castle – without telling her husband
Student block is a 'disaster waiting to happen', with no hot water and daily break-ins
Source: Read Full Article