The decaying corpse of a mum was found by cops after being ‘partially eaten’ by her own dogs, an inquest heard.
The lifeless body of Sarah Elizabeth Jay, 54, was found by a police officer who turned to a colleague and said: “It's a skeleton”.
An inquest into Sarah’s death heard PC Rebecca Bell 'instantly noticed the smell of death' when she entered her flat in Lytham, Lancs.
READ MORE: Porn star who slept with 300 men in one day 'felt scared' during record-breaking stunt
Her skull, neck and chest were badly decomposed and ‘it was evident that part of the body had been eaten by animals’, the inquest heard.
Police were called to her flat on Saturday, April 23, this year after a neighbour hadn't seen Sarah for two days, Lancs Live reports.
Officers who attended noted a number of flies at the window and said three of her four dogs were jumping up at the window.
The inquest, held at Blackpool Town Hall, heard they looked through a gap in the curtains to see her in bed.
PC Andrew Crowe, one of the first officers on the scene, said in a statement: "We arrived at 12.15pm and we saw flies in the ground floor window and a dog jumping up.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
“There was a strong smell of death. I forced entry and PC Bell went in first. She turned round and said 'it's a skeleton'."
Dr Mark Sissons, a consultant pathologist at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, carried out a post mortem five days later but was unable to ascertain a cause of death.
He concluded: ”The body was badly decomposed and it was evident that part of the body had been eaten by animals.”
Sarah, a retired personal trainer who was born in Stockport, had a large amount of morphine in her system, the inquest heard.
Her daughter Beth told the hearing that Sarah had been self-medicating to treat back pain caused by degenerative disc disease and had obtained the morphine from her late father who had been prescribed it as part of end-of-life care.
Assistant Coroner Louise Rae returned a conclusion of a drug-related death after finding on the balance of probabilities that morphine toxicity caused Sarah's death.
To keep up to date with all the latest news stories, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Naked college head arrested for allegedly driving around while pleasuring himself
Porn star who slept with 300 men in one day 'felt scared' during record-breaking stunt
The raunchy nude King Charles photos that sent the Royal Family into panic mode
Lewd sex doll left on street yards from school and spotted by stunned locals
Sick state-backed Iranian TV compares Queen to Hitler and calls her death 'good news'
Source: Read Full Article