Murderer obsessed with serial killers visited pub hours after cutting up victim

CCTV shows the chilling moment a cold-blooded killer leisurely enjoys a drink in a pub – hours after killing and slicing up the body of his victim.

The footage shows Nathan Maynard-Ellis appearing to be in high spirits as he chats at the Fountain Inn, Tipton, at around 9.30pm on May 12, last year.

Standing casually at the bar, his long hair neatly pulled back into a ponytail, are no outward signs of the horror he had just inflicted on victim Julia Rawson, from Dudley, BirminghamLive reports.

He lured Ms Rawson to his "flat of horrors" in Mission Drive, Tipton, which he shared with his 25-year-old boyfriend, David Leesley.

Their month-long trial at Coventry Crown Court heard the 42-year-old was killed inside and her body cut into 11 pieces.

Her remains were found a month later in four different locations.

Prosecutors alleged the gruesome killing "was the culmination of years of pent-up fantasy and desire" on the part of Maynard-Ellis, who was obsessed with horror movies and serial killers.

West Midlands Police said the killers had two weeks to clear the crime scene of evidence.

They were said to have burned their blood-stained clothes at the home of Maynard-Ellis' mother.

Det Insp Jim Colclough told Black Country Live: "It was a chance meeting between Julia and Maynard-Ellis, there was no indication at all this meeting had been arranged or that they knew of each other.

  • Couple confess to killing girl, 12, after she 'walked in on them having threesome'

"Maynard-Ellis has described that he went out that night, to meet up with his father and this is something that he would regularly do, but generally on a Sunday evening.

"He described this as a chance bus journey and walk into Dudley to see if his dad was out having a drink.

"We think he probably could have done that a little bit differently and made a prior arrangement.

"And so from that point of view, Maynard-Ellis hasn't given any further insight into why you went out.

"It's not lost on us that had different decisions being made then there is every possibility that Julia would be alive today."

  • Woman beaten by abusive partner hid in dog kennel before death four days later

He added: "This was a chance meeting between two people in a pub.

"Julia did absolutely nothing wrong on that evening.

"On that day, it was extremely unfortunate their paths crossed.

"And thankfully crimes of this nature are extremely rare."

The "flat of horrors" reportedly contained dozens of knives, saws, axes, and other bladed articles but one of the weapons was said to have been missing from the flat when it was searched by cops.

Karim Khalil QC, prosecuting, told the court the sadistic killers did not panic after the killing and even ordered a new carpet and underlay from Carpet Right.

They were also said to have continued about their daily lives – with Leesley even attending work at the Co-op.

Despite the pair denying the gruesome killing, they were both convicted of murder on Monday, November 9, and now face the prospect of life behind bars.

Maynard-Ellis was also found guilty of four counts of rape, one of attempted rape and making threats to kill relating to historical allegations made by a woman following his arrest.

Both defendants had admitted perverting the course of justice and concealing a body after the dismemberment of Ms Rawson's remains.

Source: Read Full Article