Nasty neighbour killed familys dog by chucking poison-laced meat over fence

A horrible neighbour killed a family’s “beloved” dog by throwing poison-laced meat over their fence and into their garden for the pet to eat.

Susan Foster, 60, coated the food with a mixture of antifreeze and rodenticide before throwing it in the direction of German Shepherd Roxy, who then unfortunately ate it.

The poor dog spent four days suffering from nausea, vomiting, lethargy and pain before vets decided to put her to sleep on human grounds.

Foster was handed a 26-week suspended sentence at Grimsby Magistrates’ Court for causing the dog's death after a trial, theMirror
reports.

The incident first came to light when Roxy was seen vomiting and appeared very lethargic after eating the poison on June 12 this year.

Her worried owners took her to a vet where she was given a cocktail of drugs, including intravenous fluid therapy, antibiotics and anti-sickness medication.

But sadly, they considered her prognosis to be very poor, and Roxy was later put to sleep.

Roxy’s heartbroken owners then contacted the RSPCA after finding the dodgy looking meat in their back garden, which appeared to contain suspicious substances.

Samples of the meat were preserved, and analysis later confirmed the presence of antifreeze and rodenticide.

  • People's Pet Awards winners – life-saving dogs to cat's miraculous recovery

Inspector Bradshaw, from the RSPCA, who investigated the incident, was given footage that showed items coming over Foster's fence and into her neighbour's garden.

Foster was also seen to interfere with her neighbour’s security camera, which had captured the meat being thrown.

The court heard from an expert veterinary witness, who concluded Roxy had been caused to suffer due to the ingestion of antifreeze, also known as ethylene glycol.

The expert believed the clinical signs that Roxy displayed on June 14-16 were consistent with her having consumed the substance on or around June 12.

As the product was in an environment where Roxy had access, it was suggested that she may have been encouraged to ingest it, leading to her death.

The court heard the ingestion of the toxin would have caused her to experience suffering for a period of four days.

During this time, she would have experience nausea, vomiting, lethargy and pain.

Mr Bradshaw said: “This was an incredibly sad case – Roxy was a beloved pet – and her owners were heartbroken by their loss.

This act caused Roxy an immense amount of pain and suffering, and deteriorating clinical signs meant this poor dog ended up losing her life as a result."

Along with her suspended sentence, Foster, from Scunthorpe, Lincs., was ordered to carry out 15 Rehabilitation Activity Requirement days.

She was also disqualified from keeping all animals for 12 months and ordered to pay £2,040 in court costs, £627 compensation to Roxy’s owners and a £120 victim surcharge.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newslettershere .

Source: Read Full Article