Prince William is set to heal the rift with his brother Harry after it was confirmed he and Meghan won't return as senior royals.
The Duke of Cambridge will focus on "purely family matters" with his sibling after the pair were stripped of their royal patronages last week, the Telegraph reports.
Buckingham Palace said Harry and Meghan had told the Queen they won't turn back on their decision last March to quit the UK and as senior royals for a life in the US.
It comes as fears grow Prince William will bear the brunt of the Sussexes’ forthcoming tell-all interview with their TV doyenne friend Oprah Winfrey.
A palace source said: "There is hope that they can all move forward now these loose ends have been tied up once and for all.
World's hottest gran's secrets behind youthful looks as fans gush over sexy snaps
"The (one year) review had been hanging over both sides for some time but now it has finally been resolved, it allows all parties to work on purely family matters."
Both brothers have remained in touch during the last year and are now ready to bury the hatchet over "Megxit", it was reported.
But there remain tensions over the Duchess "unleashing" on her royal in-laws, during their no-holds-barred 90-minute Winfrey special.
The Queen is desperate for a 'new start' for the Royal Family's 'Magnificent 7'
It is thought the Duchess will target Prince William as she "would not be foolish enough" to take aim at either the Queen or his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton.
The couple are understood to have recorded the interview over two days last week at their home in California. It is set to be broadcast on US network CBS on March 7.
A source close to the Sussexes blasted the claims they would issue personal attacks as “just ridiculous.”
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah interview to be re-edited after Royal family spat
On Sunday, it was reported that the Duke of Cambridge felt "really sad and genuinely shocked" by his brother's behaviour towards the Queen in recent weeks.
He was said to believe the Sussexes had been "insulting and disrespectful" to Her Majesty and was "very upset by what has happened".
The couple was branded rude to the Queen after Buckingham Palace announced they would not be able to combine an independent life with "the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service".
In a statement, the couple said: "We can all live a life of service. Service is universal."
Meanwhile, the Duke of Edinburgh remained under observation at King Edward VII hospital in London yesterday, after being admitted on Tuesday evening.
His son, the Prince of Wales reportedly visited on Saturday to update him on developments concerning the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Source: Read Full Article