‘Smirking’ boy, 16, ‘killed rival drug dealer with metre-long sword’ court hears

A 16-year-old boy killed another teenager with a metre-long sword in a savage attack, a court heard.

The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, allegedly targeted 17-year-old Nasir Patrice on January 15 last year in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.

He entered the flat on Tachbrook Road friend with two friends and left Nasir with four stab wounds – one of which went through his body, Warwick Crown Court was told.

Prosecutor Michael Burrows QC said an eyewitness heard “shouting and screaming” after leaving the flat to get cigarette papers.

He told the court: "He heard someone shouting 'Put it down, put it down.'

"You may conclude that that was one of the three men who had gone past him to get into the flat."

Jurors heard that the witness stopped to get his breath back, and the same three men came out of the flat within a minute or so.

"They were screaming for help," Mr Burrows said. "He [the witness] didn't see any weapons at any stage – either when they went into the flat or when they came out."

Jurors also heard claims that the defendant emerged from the flat "30 seconds or so later" and "looked around and smirked" before leaving.

Nasir, from Birmingham, was pronounced dead nearby despite the best efforts of medical staff.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Mr Burrows continued: "One of the stab wounds to the chest went through the body.

"The pathologist considers that that would have required what he describes as the upper tier of force."

The defendant, who also denies perverting the course of justice, is alleged to have asked two builders to call him a taxi before leaving the area.

Evidence will be put before the court that the youth accused of murder and Nasir were "rival dealers", Mr Burrows said.

He added: “I understand it is his case that he acted in self-defence."

The trial continues.

Nasir's family paid tribute last January after he was formally identified as the victim.

They said in a statement: “We are all deeply saddened, heartbroken and will miss Nasir. Our lives will never be the same without him.”

Source: Read Full Article