Suspects dramatic arrest after OAP, 87, stabbed to death on mobility scooter

The dramatic arrest of man wanted in connection with the murder of grandfather Thomas O'Halloran left neighbours shocked.

Scotland Yard revealed earlier today (August 18) that they arrested a 44-year-old man, and the suspect remains in custody.

A forensic team arrived at a home in Southall, west London, about two miles from the site of the stabbing, at around 1:30am this morning.

A police car was parked outside the semi-detached house and red tape covered the driveway.

Neighbours told the Mail Online of the moment six cops used a battering ram to break down the door of the suspect's house on Allenby Road around 1:30am.

One said: "It was 1:30am and I was woken up by shouting a lot so cars arriving. I looked out and could see the police trying to smash down the door. They were using some sort of battering ram.

"Some of them went inside, but there was no sign of anyone. That lasted for about 30 minutes.

"Then they brought out a man. He was resisting and they pushed him to the floor and handcuffed his hands behind his back. Two of the police lifted him off the pavement and took him to a car."

Police were also reportedly heard shouting for the man to turn himself in before he emerged from the house.

The suspect was then pushed to the floor and handcuffed.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Another neighbour added: "There was some shouting and when I looked out there seemed to be lots of police.

"Some were in plain clothes. I immediately thought it must have something to do with the murder in Greenford.

"I do not know the person who lives there, but we would wave hello. It's all come as a bit of a shock."

The death of O'Halloran, who was a much-loved member of the Irish community in west London, sent shock waves around the country after he was stabbed in broad daylight on Tuesday (August 16).

Thomas had been on his mobility scooter not far from his home in Greenford when he was killed.

He was a well-known member of Ealing's Irish community and was often found busking outside of Tesco to raise money for Ukrainian war victims.

Source: Read Full Article