A Ukrainian influencer has come under fire after she revealed the location of an army field hospital hours before it was blown up.
Anna Alkhim, who boasts a whopping 600k followers on Instagram, took to the social media platform on Thursday (May 25) appealing for aid for the hospital in Dnipro, which was being used to treat soldiers wounded in the war.
But hours after the post went live, a Russian missile strike hit the medical centre, killing four people and injuring 30 more, including two young boys aged three and six, and reducing the building to a burning pile of rubble, reports the Daily Mail.
READ MORE: Wagner group boss slams 'scumbag politicians with fat a*ses' after Moscow attack
In the post, Alkhim claimed hospitals six and nine contained large numbers of Ukrainian troops receiving treatment and urged her followers to take clothes and food to collection points.
And while the snap has since been deleted, she has been accused by local media outlets of publishing information that enabled the Russian military to attack the hospital.
After receiving the criticism, however, Alkhim was quick to defend her actions, declaring: "Firstly, I made a publication yesterday, because half of the inhabitants of Dnipro had it.
"And let me remind you that I am one of the few influencers who fills her stories and feed with publications about the war.
US 'ready' to go to war with China and Russia in space, confirms top general
"I have volunteered and supported Ukraine from the first days of the war."
She continued: "But you don't give a f*** about it, because you need to post me on your stupid channels."
Officials have warned influencers and media personalities against posting sensitive information online since Ukraine was placed under martial law following Vladimir Putin's invasion at the start of 2022.
This most recent attack has since been condemned by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "crime against humanity" and said in addition to the ward containing the troops, a psychological clinic and a vet had also been hit.
"Only an evil state can fight against clinics," he said. "There can be no military purpose in this. It is pure Russian terror."
Regional governor Serhiy Lysak confirmed a 69-year-old man who had been passing the clinic was killed in the blast and another man's body was recovered from the rubble.
Later another two bodies were found in the rubble, bringing the death toll up to four, while 30 more people were wounded.
The State Emergency Service of Ukraine said on Friday: "As a result of a missile strike, a three-story building of a medical institution was partially destroyed in the city, followed by burning, as well as a fire in an adjacent building.
"The fire at the medical facility was extinguished in an area of 1,000 square metres.
"In the one-story building of the veterinary clinic, the area of the fire was 200 square metres. Rescue units have already dealt with it.
"Two people died on the spot, and another 23 were injured, including two children born in 2020 and 2017.
"In total, 52 rescuers and 18 pieces of equipment were involved from the State Emergency Service for liquidation of the consequences."
The blast in Dnipro came shortly before a three-day siege on the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.
The attack began on Sunday (May 28) and continued with a rare daylight attack on Monday.
At around 11.30am that day, Russian troops fired 11 ballistic and cruise missiles at Kyiv, Ukraine’s chief of staff Valerii Zaluzhnyi reported.
To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.
Vladimir Putin faces full-scale revolution 'by late summer', warns ex-Kremlin insider
Russia's 'largest ever drone attack' on Kyiv used Iran-made flying killing machines
Russia's torture prison where Ukrainian POWs are 'electrocuted and pray for death'
Mad Vlad moving nukes into Belarus 'is just window dressing to worry West'
Source: Read Full Article